Post 4: On the events of the October Revolution of 1917

1917
Remember how I was talking about the Petrograd Soviet and the Provisional Government in my last post? Recently, political power in Russia was divided among the two groups. The Provisional Government continued WWI (although I don't know why, since we kept losing anyways). The Bolsheviks (aka
Communists) took control and started to gain power with this guy named Vladimir Lenin as their leader.

The Communist Party signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk to end Russia's fight in World War I.
finally! It's not like Russia was winning anything.


Meanwhile, life still sucks for my family. We're on the run because all the Russians hate Dad. The rebels took us into custody. We can't really go outside because every time we do, people shout nasty, horrible insults at us and throw things. I'm so afraid. What if someone tries to murder my family?

-Ana

0 comments:

Post a Comment